Roses from my 2011 Garden

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The roses are stunning! I could never decide on a favorite but find myself really drawn to Rock 'n Roll and Daybreaker. I have tried roses several times with little success. The last roses did not make their 1st summer thanks to the Japenese Beetles and a dog (husbands) that actually chewed the canes off at the base! :barnie
Any hoo ... Hello and Welcome to TEG. :frow

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi; Glad you discovered the Casa Blanca Oriental Lily as well, Thistlebloom, it is a magnificent flower.

Oh, and Carol Dee, I hope you will soon be able to grow Roses, don't give up. Teach your doggy "do not touch' maybe let him come close to the thorns more;) :lol: And hopefully the Japanese Beetle will find some other place to do his dirty work.

Thank you for you welcoming words Skeeter 9, glad you like my Roses.

Oh and journey 11, yes, it often takes one person to make things bad for you, sometimes 2 or more too and it does not matter what category, there are both men and women that can be stand offish. In my case it started with a guy who was very insulting in that he showed prejudice against me by putting down and making fun of two Nationalities, one being my own and got away with it by the webmaster. He stood by him and said that he thinks the man was only 'flirting' a bit. Well, I was not very happy about his responce and so surprised about his reaction. I have experienced that 'flame wars' have started over less then calling people names online. I was very upset about the remarks of that poster and felt that for the $ 40 membership fees I paid this year alone I at least would have deserved an appology for those nasty remarks. I asked for that but the webmaster declined. So, I became a little put off and after being a paying member for 3 1/2 years I thought that staying away from there is the only solution for me. Have not quit there but I just silently looked for 'greener pastures'.

P.S.
I was, by the way, impressed by the Rules of the TEG which I read in it's entirety. I of course agree with them whole heartedly.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rugosa. LOL I sure wish the thorns bothered the dog! He must have one tough mouth as those canes where big and very thorny. :( Maybe when he is a little older I'll try again. Actually it was DH that was most disappointed not to have roses.

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ha, ha, Carol Dee, yeap those DH 's, mine planted 9 Roses for me in April of 2009 because I could not do it since I was in Hospital at that time after a botched up surgery. Spend 7 month there so by April I was already 4 month in Hospital (Botched Gallbladder operation!) So I was very proud of DH that he dug those 9 holes and did everything one is supposed to do when planting a Rose. The Roses all grew just fine. Oh, we do not have a dog any longer but he fortunately did not care for our flowers when he was still with us. :clap

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rugosa, maybe you can help me to remember the name of this rose, it was my favorite at the Boise Rose Garden, but of course I didn't write down which was which when I was taking pictures!!!

8229_idaho_trip_056.jpg

Rugosa1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This is a beautiful Rose, Mt Gardener. I think thistlebloom is correct, it is probably "Fire and Ice". Thanks for that.
I would honestly have to go through my Rose image files to check it out. Love the amount of white in this red Rose, very nice. Oh, and with writing things down while taking pictures, I don;t do this either, I am much to overwhelmed at the time to get it all done and later?? So many look close to each other and also they can look different in different stages of bloom so that it can be quiet confusing. Have a nice summer's day.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yesssss, you guys are so smart, thank you! I'll post some more photos from that trip soon :)

Okay, more gratituous blooming rose shots. No I don't have any names for any of them! :D (I should just tell you I grew them all myself! hahaha. Definitely didn't!)
8229_idaho_trip_060.jpg

8229_idaho_trip_058.jpg

8229_idaho_trip_055.jpg

8229_idaho_trip_053.jpg

Latest posts