Rudy, the survivor

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So this may be an indelicate question. Are they good for eating? Or just pets?
Rudy is a "pet" and will never be eaten. My original goal is for eating birds, these guys now are really to small for that, I am hoping to increase the size to get a good size eating bird. But would consider a "pet" sales market, not sure about my area for that as they would need special care through the winter. When I have extras I KNOW are extras I might try a trial auction to see what they would bring price wise.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been having a horrible hatching season, but have 4 chickens that are determined to set, so at this late date in the season I gave them each another 10 eggs (back to back "settings" since they didn't hatch anything last time) now this close to fall watch them hatch out 20 naked little chicks!!!!!! :he They still have a ways to go.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I didn't realize how far behind I was in pics, I have some new ones

DSC_0268.JPG
DSC_0269.JPG
DSC_0270.JPG
DSC_0272.JPG
DSC_0273.JPG
DSC_0274.JPG
DSC_0275.JPG
DSC_0276.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0277.JPG
    DSC_0277.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 168

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The over feathered chicks (cuckoo marans) were gotten as chicks for broody moms, but they didn't accept them.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You need to get those photos to Hollywood. I'm sure Rudy could at least inspire a cartoon. I knew Rudy was a pet. I just wondered if your plan was for meat birds in the future. Saves a lot of the processing.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Frack thrived but was to noisy and to small (and able to escape the safe pen) so he went to live w/ an Okie chicken keeper that needed a small boy for her recently widowed serema, but as tiny as Frack was he was to big for the little serema, so I believe he ended up w/ a haram of bantum chochins. She is an artist and I believe he is to be the inspiration for her next painting.
I can see it now ... a naked, blue chicken tip toeing through a yellow broth in a steaming hot tub. :lol:

Frannie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello! I am just checking to see if you have lots of nakey lil chicks that hatched out?!.. I would definitely be interested in purchasing one. I know you said something about possibility an auction? I would spoil it ever so much! Promise!!

Latest posts