RUNuts 2018 Garden thread (attempt)

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just ordered baby chicks for first time How bad do they smell ?

If you take care of them, minimal smell. If you ignore them, horrible. I use composted wood chips from the local dump. Works great and goes straight to the compost pile. I used wood shavings this time, but after 1 week in August, they went outside. Moved the tractor until they got too big to fit through the fence and turned them loose in the garden. Worked much better in the garden, on grass. And eating the squash plants...

Have NOT found homes for the puppies. We talked with a rescue that was going to send them to Michigan. But that fell through without sponsors. DD#1 took one. I've got the other 5 + mother. All the people that spoke up, backed out. I'm not amused. Even daughters' friends that wanted one went out and bought puppies. Yes, 3 did this. She is still upset. My grass is going in the back yard. 12 dogs is TOO MANY! Still looking for homes. Puppies now 9 months and growing...

Oh, I use a large lawn mower box for the brooder. The hot water heater box was used for the first batch and was disposed of after that. The heavy duty lawn mower box held up well. Used plastic mesh for top. Heating pad for warmth. It is all good.

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Will have to take some fresh ones. My phone was getting heavy, so I emptied it. ;)

The puppies are from an unwed mother (stray) that roamed the neighborhood, so we agreed to foster. 6 puppies later, we still have 5 puppies and mother. She appears to be Pit Bull or similar looking, maybe not pure, and the puppies are bigger and love water. They are unique. If she ran when she was in heat, no telling the father. Lots of intact male labs running the neighborhood. Boxer? I don't know if she was dumped, or ran here from the neighboring neighborhoods. I owe you pictures. Feel free to guess on breed. You will be right. You win a puppy! Today only, buy one, get one free! Act now!

The borzoi puppy is 9 months now. 35 pounds of love and play. Crazy Lady working with her. She runs the yard with the 2 female puppies. We separated the males because, intact females and intact males, you know. Incest.

Now. With 6 teething puppies. I'm having issues. :barnie Thank you for your understanding.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha we have a black Lab/Great Dane puppy. Just one, but he sure can chew! His favorite toy is a knotted sock.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will have to take some fresh ones. My phone was getting heavy, so I emptied it. ;)

The puppies are from an unwed mother (stray) that roamed the neighborhood, so we agreed to foster. 6 puppies later, we still have 5 puppies and mother. She appears to be Pit Bull or similar looking, maybe not pure, and the puppies are bigger and love water. They are unique. If she ran when she was in heat, no telling the father. Lots of intact male labs running the neighborhood. Boxer? I don't know if she was dumped, or ran here from the neighboring neighborhoods. I owe you pictures. Feel free to guess on breed. You will be right. You win a puppy! Today only, buy one, get one free! Act now!

The borzoi puppy is 9 months now. 35 pounds of love and play. Crazy Lady working with her. She runs the yard with the 2 female puppies. We separated the males because, intact females and intact males, you know. Incest.

Now. With 6 teething puppies. I'm having issues. :barnie Thank you for your understanding.
As you already found out ... no good deed goes unpunished ! :he As for your offer on guessing the breeds involved ... well everyone would be a winner ... so thanks, but NO THANKS ! :lol: Why don't you just give the female as well as ALL of those pups to the bleeding hearts that talked you into fostering them and see their reaction to your kindness. Here , all of the shelters will charge you a $100 surrender fee per dog ,then ask you for a $100 donation then call your wife and every family member as well as all of your friends and employer for a $100 donation. :caf

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm actually on the lookout for a pit-x or boxer-x. BUT, not until the 2 senior canines here have passed on.
I miss having a short, snore-y face around.
Sadie the Fairy Princess.jpg