Rusty's Dahlias

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Again....a variety that I've shown before....very popular at the shows and the Farmer's Market....."Neon Splendor"....View attachment 668

That is so refreshing for me to look at! Yes, you were gone a long time, Rusty!

I know, I drive people away talking about the weather and such nonsense. Just ignore me and show us dahlia pictures!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know, I drive people away talking about the weather and such nonsense. Just ignore me and show us dahlia pictures!

Steve

Ah, no you don't Steve!
I always read what you say about the weather before I check the weather page! It's much easier for me to let you do all the digging. :)

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Rusty. I am in the midst of a big snowstorm and looking at these just made me very happy!
Gorgeous!
5 % degrees here right now....and I just checked my tuber room.....36 degrees....eeeeeek!!!!! I just popped another heat lamp in the root cellar.....if I lose any of these to temperature...I'll be very upset. can't wait to Spring time.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is so refreshing for me to look at! Yes, you were gone a long time, Rusty!

Steve
Steve....You have helped me get thru the bad weather time with your photos as well and you and I know how hard it is to have Dahlias and dahlia tubers in these Northern climates......keep on posting and please keep showing your beautiful photos.....Thanks Steve.... Rusty

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Your "Neon Splendor" is striking, Rusty. I see that you have other flowers growing among your dahlia beds. That makes the flowers even prettier.
Thanks Lynn....I do have red Amaranth and a few other plants in my Dahlia bed...the amaranth comes up volunteer every year.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here is a variety called "Party".....it's a single bloomed variety with almost BLACK foliage....
dahlias 2013 031.JPG

Latest posts