Sad situation, looking for some feedback

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this sad news Thistle. Really some great thoughts and wisdom posted here , it would have helped me 12 years ago when I lost my dad to cancer. Help her enjoy the days that remain, I will say an extra prayer for you all.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thistle I'm so sorry. I just saw this. I agree with what everybody said let her do what she wants and let her keep her dignity. She may tire faster, or not feel up to doing things and that's ok. Be patient, let her set the pace. She's made this far let her decide when she needs help and what she can do for herself. As others have said stay in contact. Is there someone close by who can do Skype for you? If not the phone is a great tool use it.

I can't imagine how tough its gotta be to hear that news. Remember we're hear if and when you need us.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you all. Your compassion is overwhelming.

My sister and her family are down there right now, and sis says they are having a special time. Mom and dad are enjoying the great grand kids.

My phone talks to mom are comforting. We just talk and laugh about nothing in particular, and by the end of the conversation she has seemed to grow remarkably stronger. It makes me regret not taking the time all these previous years.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Thank you all. Your compassion is overwhelming.

My sister and her family are down there right now, and sis says they are having a special time. Mom and dad are enjoying the great grand kids.

My phone talks to mom are comforting. We just talk and laugh about nothing in particular, and by the end of the conversation she has seemed to grow remarkably stronger. It makes me regret not taking the time all these previous years.

Wise words for the rest of us that still have an opportunity.

You are doing it now Thistle and that will count for alot.

Latest posts