Salmon Sauce

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hollandaise is not hard. Mix the lemon and egg yolks. Put butter on low heat. As soon as butter is about to boil, drizzle it slowly into the egg yolk mixture while whisking.
There is a way to keep the leftover, but I think you have to heat it really slowly, and if it breaks, quickly whisk in another yolk. It is better fresh.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, by "breaks,"

you mean separates, @buckabucka ?

Once I got used to boiling water in the microwave ... I had ideas that I might use it as a sauce maker. You have identified the problem I had with the microwave, Bucka'.

I still use it to melt cheddar into sour cream for a quick veggie sauce.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a thing about eating raw eggs. In fact, I can't even eat over easy ones, they have to be scrambled or boiled. Whenever I have a cesaer salad at a restuarant, I never ask what is in the dressing.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Some people do worry about raw eggs. I worked in a restaurant for years making chocolate silk pie, chocolate mousse, tasting cheesecake batter, etc. I love sweets, so I got over the raw egg fear pretty quickly. :p

And yes, @digitS' , I was using "breaks" for separates.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems to be the vogue now a days to have an over easy egg on top of pizza, a salad, etc. My husband and kids love it. Me, I just watch. Ha

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems to be the vogue now a days to have an over easy egg on top of pizza, a salad, etc. My husband and kids love it. Me, I just watch. Ha

Mary

So glad I'm not voguey...:sick

But like my own homegrown eggs easy over, that are almost hard cooked. That's my daily breakfast.:)

Latest posts