Salvia Greggii

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

Today is a rainy day, I noticed the Salvia looking all bright and cheerful, so I thought we might share our faces today!

Salvia Greggii
I really do not know how that hose plant keeps showing up! LOL
15hy1i0.jpg

Looking from Left to Right, it is a long bed.
op8up.jpg

2vae0j7.jpg

w0hv69.jpg

v8kmjt.jpg

and our close-ups
9qzred.jpg

108d63l.jpg

15nkfgn.jpg

What a nice day!:bouquet

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great pictures Ron!
The Salvia is looking very happy.

That hose plant is nice, looks like you have it growing everywere.
does it fill in and make for a nice ground cover?

Oh and you forgot to send me a cutting of it. Wait I may know what happened!! This will be better talked about over on the other thread. LOL

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so pretty Ron :love

I love cyberspace it is just amazing to be chilling south of Seattle ...having Hattie coach me through a meal across the Atlantic....see your flowers ..anxiously await Joes pictures of what you sent him..your weather outside looks like ours right now
everyones everything

the bees coming ..the recoveries from storms bugs ..molds and CHICKENS (I just looked and they got into the raised beds in their yard again and all my baby chard has been consumed ..but the beds are nicely tilled so I can go back and put more in)

anyway these photos kind of sum it all up

I can get my coffee or (now wine) and wander over to Rons garden for a look see..

it is as surreal

:bee (I still see that bee post ..you are so funny!)
and ..I am too damn young to be a hippy

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ron... Oh WOW! I must say you caught the moment! :rainbow-sun
Thanks for spreading the cheer! Sure beats looking out my window today... dreary, chilly, yuk out there!

I love Salvia! Only if more were hardy here... I would have a Salvia garden! I grow 'May Night', 'Rose Queen' (S. nemerosas) ... and start Coral Nymph and MANY types from seed every year.
That bright pink is so stunning! The leaves on that variety are so different, thanks for the close ups!

Oh, and that same species of 'Hose' plant has been a problem here this year too. We had 3 rain falls this summer that actually amounted to more than a spit! Here I am, living in a swamp, dragging a hose... :rolleyes:

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i picked up a few of these on clearance at lowes bck in the summer. still havent figrued out where to put them. i need to make some new beds. i think i got two reds and a pink

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beefy,

You can do them in pots or in the ground, I have even moved these several times through their lives; sometimes years apart.

One of those has been with me at two separate residences!

Ron

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i have one in an iron syrup kettle now. i always buy things and wind up planting them all right around the house. lol.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The Greggii comes in a purple, a white, and also a red with a big white polka-dot.

Of the Salvias I have the Greggii, and 'May Night'
12232025.JPG

, and also several Clary Sages (they are pink bloomers)
salvia_sclarea_277.jpg

Ron

I like the blue!

Latest posts