Saving Seeds from a Hybrid Tomato

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know I'm being cheap but it's the principle of the thing. I just hate spending as much on shipping as on a package of seeds. I've written to Burpee telling them they need to lower their shipping when one only wants a package of seeds! Let see what they say.

Has anyone else here passed on an item when the shipping costs as much?

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you receive updates from Burpee they occasionally have free shipping days. It's an aggravation getting all those emails (they send a lot) but it can save you shipping. Sometimes those are for a certain dollar amount of purchase, sometimes free shipping on any order.

I factor in the cost of shipping when ordering. If I want it bad enough I'll pay. But I can be a bit strange about costs. When shopping for a car I don't care how much the car costs. For tax and liensing reasons I need to know the "cost" but what interests me is what size check I need to write to buy the car. With fees, add-ins and everything else that can be quite different from the cost of the car. Some of those salesmen/women look at me funny when I ask for the size of the check as opposed to the cost. One lady could not handle it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have free shipping right now for over $40.

Got a reply from Burpee. They basically repeated what I told them. They told me the seed was on sale and shipping was $2.99 and I could order as many as I want. I already told them twice I only want 1. How hard is that to understand? Told them again I only want one and didn’t want to pay that much shipping. We'll see what they say. I figure I have a chance if they want me as a customer.

Mary

Latest posts