Scammers

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My friend has been desperately trying to create a business these past three years, as well as keep her children and home going after being scammed by the father for thousands by him leaving her with his debt.

I've so admired her determination from the start of her business venture especially through the covid and lockdown...
She was trying to expand her business because she wanted to buy the children their home.
Now this past week she's made a dreadful mistake and lost almost everything she owns due to a scamming team.

This police womans reaction was just daunting to her, she felt she was being accused of lying. The same woman officer that had taken her report through the time when the father of her children left this loan on her and was practically stalking her too. He stopped stalking but never paid her back, so she cut her losses due to him already abandoning his children from a previous relationship and she wants her children to at least know thier father.

These latest scammers are known and have taken millions apparently, so why wouldn't the police try to help her. :(

I hate scammers thieves and deceit of any kind it just sickens me.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are in UK. Thank you for your input, I so wish the FBI would be able to help her, she's the kindest and most honest of ladies, it's so unfair.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would be wonderful if the families of these people would insist that bad behavior will not be tolerated. Entire families sometimes regard those victimized as outsiders, unworthy of compassion. They are "skittles." Marks.

Tolerance and value are reserved for monetary rewards, however begotten.

Marie. Open-mindedness and being "soft-hearted" were terms that I learned from my mother and my uncle. Mom had 3 brothers, a husband, and 2 brothers-in-law who were in the military and overseas during World War 2. That one uncle was part of the invasion of Iwo Jima, effected him a good deal. Grows up poor, son of a pacifist mother himself - finds himself with the Marines carrying a radio.

Is that the only way that changes occur? That we accept sociopathic behavior until it leads to war, killing, destruction ... before deciding that we can either do that or find another way. It begins with individuals, just everyday people in everyday families.

It looks like the brutal sport of boxing is making a comeback. "If people want to do that, we can watch." Yeah, "ultimate sport." We can wait AGAIN until some boxers are killed or we learn of their long-term brain damage.

I just changed my signature before I opened your thread, Marie. Thinking. Sure, even just opinions.

My son said that he doesn't know why garbage is sometimes stolen in his neighborhood. I said, perhaps for information that can be used by scammers. "Hey, I've got this guy's address, phone number, and the name and account numbers for his insurance accounts." What's it worth to a scammer??

Steve
a friend said a guy came into the post office when he was there and carried the contents of the trash can out to his car and drove away.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
a friend said a guy came into the post office when he was there and carried the contents of the trash can out to his car and drove away.
Scary - I hope that incident was reported to the PO, and that they had surveillance cameras to pick up the vehicle. Not sure what criminals might want with PO waste, but a lot of packages being mailed out right now. Receipts with tracking data, as well as Money Order receipts, could be in the trash.

Phone scams are in high gear here. "Vehicle recalls", Social Security scams, fake "Microsoft Customer Service" calls (with heavy Indo-Asian accent). Constant robo calls, usually just as we are eating dinner. It has gotten to the point where DW & I don't even get up to answer the phone any more... anyone we know will follow a non-answer by calling our cell numbers.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This was at his tiny, local PO .

I have never been in that one. I imagine that it has a vestibule with mailboxes and the trash can right by the door. Could take the bag and go. That is so typical.

We need to think about our mail. Also, because someone on the phone knows several things about us, that doesn't mean that they are who they say they are.

Steve

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My friend has been desperately trying to create a business these past three years, as well as keep her children and home going after being scammed by the father for thousands by him leaving her with his debt.

I've so admired her determination from the start of her business venture especially through the covid and lockdown...
She was trying to expand her business because she wanted to buy the children their home.
Now this past week she's made a dreadful mistake and lost almost everything she owns due to a scamming team.

This police womans reaction was just daunting to her, she felt she was being accused of lying. The same woman officer that had taken her report through the time when the father of her children left this loan on her and was practically stalking her too. He stopped stalking but never paid her back, so she cut her losses due to him already abandoning his children from a previous relationship and she wants her children to at least know thier father.

These latest scammers are known and have taken millions apparently, so why wouldn't the police try to help her. :(

I hate scammers thieves and deceit of any kind it just sickens me.
Adding to my own post to carry this conversation on...

I will cheke the facts on this and come back.

She connected with this guy on "Google, Hang Out", she is feeling so embarrassed as well as broken through this experience as he built up her trust well into a year and she discovered she'd lost everything just this past week.
One of the guys with him contacted her saying how bad he felt. But she's still trying to find the guy as he has now disappeared, however she did see a picture of him which of course us now missing.

What scares me almost as much as this grand theft is the lady police officer, that put herself in such a high position to not only being an officer of the law but judge and jury, adding further injury to my friend at her lowest point. Is this woman even human.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm just glad that the election is over, and the Medicare open period has almost expired. Between losing those two, my mail will be cut in half. :clap
Talking of mail... I'm sick of having to rip up my details on so many parts of any letter or parcel I receive. Putting your name and address twice on each page of a bank statement or bill is excessive.
There's no need for this and is begging for criminals to acquire a customer's details, it's so stupid it makes me feel as if it is almost deliberate.

Last edited:

Latest posts