Scrap metal into compost!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last weekend DH loaded up the trailer with scrap metal and hauled it down to the metal recycling center. Then stopped and loaded up with compost on his way home.:clap
001.JPG
A spring time ritual as the recycler and compost facility are only about 1 mile apart!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Double-duty for your gas milage...that's great! :thumbsup

ETA: My DH passes the fairgrounds and livestock market on the way home from work. I've been after him to get me some more cow manure, but he says unless I buy him some rig that makes it easier to unload, he's not gonna do it!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good deal, Carol Dee!

I do so dang much driving during the growing season. Remember that I was disappointed that gas prices didn't drop to $3/gal until much of my driving was coming to an end last year?

Now, I'm paying $3.40 or close to it and the price continues to rise! Exxon dang near took all the benefits of having distant gardens in 2007 when gas was $4/gal! These full-size pickups take over $100 for a full tank at those prices.

Recycle. Trade scrap metal for compost while reducing your carbon footprint!

Steve

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What an excellent way to do double duty! I wish there was a compost facility near me! As it is, just have to make do with my home compost bins!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee, I thought we were going to make compost out of metal!! Looks good, Happy Gardening!

Latest posts