Seed catalogs 2019

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll admit that some of what I know about gardening comes straight from seed catalogs that have joined the 90% of totally useless stuff that show up in my mailbox for decades.

Most new varieties would completely slip past me if some commercial outfit wasn't offering them for sale. Some heirlooms or something that I have never tried, might also.

Some seed companies have very informative websites. Johnny's is like that. Victory Seed is like that.

Something we have in social media now that I don't take advantage of is facebook. With or without a FB account, we can go to the commercial sites and ... here, for example is https://www.facebook.com/VictorySeeds/ . The history of things ... :) ... that's interesting.

Steve
looking at a ski resort webcam this morning. let's see, going where no man has gone before .... except all these other ski bums on these 2,900 acres and in the 9 lifts ... braving the elements .... except it's nice and warm in the skyhouse at 6,300 feet and lots of people will be serving my every need at the village ... gosh, what if i get hurt? ... oh yeah, there's the helicopter to speed me down to the icu. ski idaho!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Funny, DH and I have been in Georgetown CO for the past week, just to drive around, doing pretty much...nothin...swimming in the heated outdoor pool (it has a building), but you walk through the snow patch to get to it.
We visited Loveland Pass, Arapahoe Basin and Keystone on Sunday, then drove to Berthoud Pass where they took down the lifts decades ago, BUT you can see how busy the two slopes are. ANYBODY who wants to ski Berthoud Pass must hike up one of two trails to the top. THAT has got to be a major workout!!!
Otherwise not much snow west of Empire, supposed to be some coming tomorrow, but we fly home then. It has been in the 40's here and Warmer than back in IL.
Writing from the motel room with the craggy mountains keeping me company, along with my last bottle of Schofferhofer Grapefruit Bier.

Latest posts