Seed Catalogs, Here They Are!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Consumer obsession with the catalogs is real common, ain't it? (Do we call that retail therapy?) Anyway, I treat it with sleep and the alphabet.

Generally, the catalog migrates into a place beside the bed on the very 1st night. I am determined to start at the front cover each time I pick up the catalog - repeatedly telling myself that I cannot really be sure that I haven't missed something the earlier times thru. So, I make it about midway before I can't keep my eyes open.

This goes on for several weeks. The tomatoes at the back of the catalog provides motivation but I have real trouble arriving at those pages because of that alphabetical arrangement.

Getting to the pumpkins is kind of jolting but looking at the greens is a pleasant way to fall asleep . . .

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Getting to the pumpkins is kind of jolting but looking at the greens is a pleasant way to fall asleep . . .

Steve
Sooooo........ what do you dream about? :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
meloncollie.jpg

Maybe it was a psychic antidote countering the sight of all those cheery, orange pumpkins!

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yup you request a seed catalog and the next thing you know there's a stack on the table from everyone...lol

have already ordered my seeds.

stokes
johnny's
territorial
tomato growers supply company

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Majorcatfish,

You've got my usual group there - except I haven't ordered from Territorial in recent years. I toss in Fedco & Jung's and that's the lineup. Everyone else has been on the 2nd squad altho' I've found some of those guys very useful, now & then.

Welcome to TEG :frow !

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Majorcatfish,

You've got my usual group there - except I haven't ordered from Territorial in recent years. I toss in Fedco & Jung's and that's the lineup. Everyone else has been on the 2nd squad altho' I've found some of those guys very useful, now & then.

Welcome to TEG :frow !

Steve
thank you for the welcome...
in years past before the children flew the coupe use to order from many more catalogs, the children had their own section of the garden to plant and grow whatever they want too.
now it's just the wife and me so now it's more a fresh and canning garden and of course an odd ball experiment plant or two, what we do not can or eat goes to women's shelter.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know this is sacrilege, but I put all of my seed and nursery catalogs into the recycle bin the other day. The only thing I need to buy this year is some seed for Giant Red Marconi peppers and some jalapeno peppers. Believe me, I want to buy some other stuff. But I figured I better just use up what I have for now, between what I've saved seed of and some leftovers I've got on hand. I have a problem with hoarding seeds and catalogs. It was painful, but I had to do it! :p

ETA: :welcome Majorcatfish. That is awesome that you give your extras to support the women's shelter. When we stayed at the Ronald McDonald House while my baby daughter was hospitalized, it really was a blessing all the veggies and things that people had donated there. I've been looking into delivering some of my extras (and growing some extras on purpose) to give to seniors on fixed incomes around here. The spike in food costs has surely got to be hitting them hard. I don't know how we'd eat so well without our garden.

Latest posts