1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Help for this member with her Peach tree - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Seed starting indoors

Discussion in 'Indoor & Greenhouse Gardening' started by Crealcritter, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Apr 5, 2019
    catjac1975

catjac1975 Garden Master

It gets hot in summer. We have a big fan to outlet the air. It is just one door that is open. The GH collects a lot of heat and stores it in all weather. We heat with wood so the heat finds it's way through the whole house. When we first built the GH the door was closed and it never went below freezing in the coldest weather. It is like a lean-to The ceiling and walls are highly insulated and the floor is thick cement for solar gain. It may get in the 60's in the coldest of weather.

so lucky, flowerbug and thistlebloom like this.
  2. Apr 12, 2019
    SprigOfTheLivingDead

SprigOfTheLivingDead Deeply Rooted

Finished My light hanging. Now I just need to start some seeds :)

20190411_194409_HDR.jpg

ducks4you and flowerbug like this.
  3. May 11, 2019
    Gardening with Rabbits

Gardening with Rabbits Garden Addicted

I commented somewhere about how you started onions, but I can't find my post, but I started some of my onions like this, and oh my, I will never start onions any other way. It is so much easier than the way I was doing it. I did both ways, so it will be interesting to see if one does better than the other. I just seems a lot of work for me to get the little things in a row and standing them up and I never plant them at the right depth.