SEED STARTING ---- MY WAY

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dickiebird, I just transplanted my peppers. They looked as skinny as yours! Ha. I just hope I didn't plant them too deep. They seem to be compared to yours. Hope they make it. Of course I only potted 4 into 4" pots. There are a couple more that were too small, just starting to sprout.

Mary

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They're gonna be skinny when they're this size.
I've never seen a pepper or tomato that can be planted too deep, as long as you don't cover the leaves!!!

THANX RICH

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks dickiebird. I knew tomatoes were planted deep but didn't know about peppers.

During the day, I put them out on my deck and bring them in at night. Is 50 night temperature too cold for them? I'd like to leave them outside but then again I worry that maybe snails might find them!

Mary

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Once established 50 would not be too cold, but as sprouts I would not leave them out.
Possibly if you have one to experiment with you could see what happens if left out.

THANX RICH

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here are a couple more pics of starts from Hot Pepper Queen's seeds.
This one is of some of the tomatoes that I didn't up plant, as I deemed them too small.
After 5 or so days they are now ready to be put into 8 oz cups.
DSCF1970.JPG

The next image is the pepper seeds from HPQ, it took about a week longer for them to germinate and I guess it will be another week before I will transfer them to the 8 oz cups.

THANX RICH

Attachments

• DSCF1969.JPG
    DSCF1969.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 245

Latest posts