Seeds

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like success in my gardening adventure. If things go wrong, it's very likely to take 12 months to *try again* to make them right. That is quite a FAIL and, at the mercy of Mother Nature and unforseen events, the failure of seed companies don't need to contribute to the risk.

Experience, diversity and good fortune means that I have some gardening success. I have multiple choices for seed purchases. Because of past success with those companies, I feel that my plans can include some experiments. Staying 100% with the tried and true is kinda boring. Sure, that makes up a big percentage of my garden but the other part can be fun.

Seeds? If I feel that the company doesn't have a good enough reputation and if I feel that the company has failed me, I'm very unlikely to have anything to do with them. Choices. That is part of fortune and fun.

Steve

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I am more hazardous to my wallet with seed catalogs than in an expensive clothing store. I've sticky noted both SSE and Baker Creek, some duplicates between the two, in case I hit a 'sold out' on something. Saturday morning will be my spending spree. Cross yer fingers pleaze!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
It may be the case that some seeds listed as "sold out" are in the process of being updated. For anything important, it may be worth a call to the seed company to inquire when they expect fresh seed. Of course if they DO have what you want, it would be wise to order immediately... panic buying will likely continue this year.

IMO a lot of people are becoming interested in vegetable gardening for the first time... and quite a few may do so permanently. I hope the seed companies are able to adjust to the increase.

Latest posts