Serving Size?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been a long time ago but I remember being out in -40° here.

yeah, up north some very cold winter evenings after the lake had frozen over. no more moderating of the extremes any longer after that happened so you'd get whatever the arctic north could deliver.

down here -20F - -25F is about the coldest i can recall but add wind chill to that and it can be worse.

as for all four tires going at once, if they were underinflated to begin with and then you had a very extreme cold spell that might do it. or kids pulling pranks, but when it gets to be that cold who wants to do things like that anyways? i'd be burrowing in a snowbank if it got to be that cold.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
here -20F - -25F is about the coldest i can recall
That's for here, also. It's been that cold before the 6th of December, however. Right at this moment, it's beginning to snow. Better move the garbage cans to the curb!

Kids playing tricks at subzero? Okay, 0°f is about -18°C. There we have it. If you are gonna be out doing something silly at that temperature, you must be a -18!

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, here's another problem.

Aren't kitchen cooks strong enuf to hold a measuring cup in their left hand while they are filling it? I have it backward every time and I'm looking at metric. Have to turn cup and change hands!

Steve
:lol: My measuring cups must be "lefties", I have to hold them backwards to read English measure. So that's why they were on sale...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did you know that -40° is the same on both thermometers? So when your thermometer says -40, you can be comfortable with that information, right?!
No, because that reads "frost bite" in either scale.
1638826670812.gif

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary - Who hates to convert recipes from cups to grams.
Yep, that's hard. Cups to liters (or milliliters) is easier.

And looking at my large measuring cup again, I just realized something else... the measurements are marked "litres". Anybody up in Canada missing a measuring cup??? :lol:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a baker I prefer grams. Started using grams when I learned how to make sourdough about 3 years ago. Now it drives me nuts when a recipe is in cups. But thank goodness more and more recipes are now in grams.

Mary - Who hates to convert recipes from cups to grams.
So you are one of those.......... explains why my baking abilities suck. I usually just approximate.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, that's hard. Cups to liters (or milliliters) is easier.

And looking at my large measuring cup again, I just realized something else... the measurements are marked "litres". Anybody up in Canada missing a measuring cup??? :lol:

water is 1gm per 1ml at 4C. 4C is 39.2 F. who in the world is going to have a 39.2 temperature?

1ml is 20 drops in one place and in another 15.419629805528 drops in another, who's going to be able to go a partial drop let alone .4196... of a drop? yes, they do say it is a roughly specified amount (depending upon what is used to make the drops happen).

i need coffee to care much more than i already am this morning about such a topic. but hey, at least i am slightly more awake now than i was a few moments ago. just a smidge...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug ,

I learned something the other day that, as an American, I shoulda known, all along.

Only a midlin' amount of Michigan is in the Central Time Zone. Nearly all Michiganians use Eastern Time. Something about Atlanta being further West than Detroit.

Steve

Latest posts