Several unidentified perrenials - *pics*

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
1ElvisFan said:
the yellow I've never seen anywhere, the blooms don't last long though, the pic I took yesterday is dead and dried up already :( but there are tons behind it ready to bloom.
Yes, that is why they are called DAY lilies ;)

Your 'ditch lilies' are day lilies too, the 'wild type' orange ones (personally I quite like them :p). The red ones in your garden are a totally diffent thing - they are REAL lilies :)

the yellow one will divide and transplant well. I'd wait til early fall to do it.

Have fun,

Pat

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Bee balm spreads so if its only a foot away from where you planted last year its quite possible for some to come up in the surrounding area. I planted some near my fence and its in my neighbor's yard now.

1ElvisFan

Sprout
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Yes, that is why they are called DAY lilies ;)

Pat
HAHA!! All makes sense now!

simple life said:
Bee balm spreads so if its only a foot away from where you planted last year its quite possible for some to come up in the surrounding area. I planted some near my fence and its in my neighbor's yard now.
I was hoping they'd spread, it'll have to go a heck of a long way to reach either neighbor but if it spreads, I'm happy, I love them, they're so rich and colorful!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very pretty! :happy_flower

I've nothing really to add, except to say that while the pics are a little small at that size for less than perfect sight to ID some things from, wow did they load nicely for dial-up. That was painless! :)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Tutter said:
the pics are a little small at that size for less than perfect sight to ID some things from, wow did they load nicely for dial-up. That was painless! :)
You click on them and get a big version, it's cool. How did you do that, 1ElvisFan?

Pat

1ElvisFan

Sprout
Reaction score
When you use Photobucket, go to your album, upload the pics and check the boxes of the pics you want. Go all the way to the bottom and click the bottom right button that says "Generate HTML and Image codes". Next page the third box down says "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" copy the link in there and paste it into your post. Many dial up users love this feature

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't know that either; that's really great!

And thank you, Pat; I never ran my cursor over them, so completely missed that they were clickable!

:)

Latest posts