Share your pumpkin recipe here...

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I do not know if anyone has said anything about drying pumpkin but you BBH will love this I promise ..I blanch and dehydrate pumpkins or squash lots and lots of them ...omg the uses for dried pumpkin are endless! ...then I also dehydrate green chiles

put them together with dried sage ..cumin seed ...fatty cut of pork and a good white wine some onions and you have the best winter stew

dried pumpkin is my favorite way of keeping it ...you can eat it dried like pumpkin jerky or use it in soups stews and desserts

you can even blanch it in a light syrup and then dry it and have a pumpkin candy ..ok not healthy but good!

(I hope I did not post something you guys already know about I did not check the links above just jumped right in impulsively)

I have made pumpkin marshmallows I swear they are the best marshmallows in the world!!!

if you want the recipe I will post it :) but do not hold me responsible if you become addicted!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have only had pumkin pie. But it was a good pie. Oh and the pumkin bread. I like that and pumkin pancakes. I like that too. Reciepes not so much. I am more of a throw together kind of girl.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
obsessed said:
I have only had pumkin pie. But it was a good pie. Oh and the pumkin bread. I like that and pumkin pancakes. I like that too. Reciepes not so much. I am more of a throw together kind of girl.
then you would totally adore the dried pumpkin you can toss it in all kinds of things and it adds such a nice flavor and nutrition

lemon juice in the blanching water helps as well it kind of brightens the pumpkin flavor

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I never thought about dried pumpkin!! I just got an R2D2-sized "professional" dehydrator at a tag sale....hmmm. :happy_flower

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
well then you have to dry some pumpkin and squash and dried green chiles ..

I had the old man pull my big a@#ed Garden Way home made wooden dehydrator clunker out so I can make fruit leathers for the kids and do make pumpkin leather as well

just add some lemon to it and some cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg

then do it just like fruit leather ...very good!

Latest posts