Shed/rabbit house/greenhouse

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am just full of memories I guess. Lol. The white dog by my dad's leg is Duke. DB used him in other pictures we had of him for a model for his painting. He painted this picture probably 20 years later and is on my wall. The big white and black dog second on left, his name was Andy. I named him. I always liked that name and I married an Andy, DH.
Duke.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would think walking all those hounds would be impressive for a sighted person @Gardening with Rabbits . That's a great picture.

That little Vizsla seeing eye was something else too. His name was Gypsy. He was the 4th seeing eye my dad had, 3 Boxers before and Gypsy was the last seeing eye because I got old enough to drive and he did not need to go places without me.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We decided about the rabbits. We had to put another one to sleep today because of abscess in his mouth. We now have a way to make this not so crazy. We will put the rabbits in one hutch, and then repair the other one really nice. It is in a good spot under the trees for shade. Put some shingles on the wood and some paint. Then, tear the other hutch down. It will be clean and easy to take care of and not look like a rabbit factory. Any rabbit that shows any signs of being sick will be put to sleep. Less trauma on us and on rabbits. We do not feel bad or sad about having to put this rabbit to sleep. We tried doctoring these abscesses before and even the vet told us it was useless and the girl at the vet today told us their vet had tried everything to save his own pet rabbit and nothing worked, so we know we are doing what's best. They are 6 years old this year and one is 7. We are going to paint the shed I was thinking of moving and not go through all the trouble of moving it. The hutch with repairs will look fine and DS said it is what he wants. He was only 12 years old when all this started.

Latest posts