valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
images

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now those are great barns that should be protected. True life green acres I had a client that bought a barn on 3 acres in Armonk she converted the barn to a house. Shorty after Armonk was discovered by the wealthy who where looking for homes on acreage. She ended up selling house for little over 3 million and moved in to a penthouse in Manhattan

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's a great looking old barn or two off the Hwy~ some with a sag in the center line of the roof~ I want to stop~ and go in and shore up the roof~ and be watching from off about twenty yards~ as it's being jacked up~ when it reaches the point of~ that's good~ have the jack eased off so the ridge beam sits on the new center post```

If somebody will give me a hand~ we can do~ one or two```
I find sagging barns very picturesque. I like to go back in time and wonder who built it and how many years it's survived.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went with my friend and neighbor to her aunts farm a few months back. Her property was owned by a family member a long time ago and sold. When it came up for sale again she bought it. It has an old barn built in the early part of the 1900's. It's in beautiful shape and still in use. It's unpainted and the aged wood gives it such a sense of history.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
All the old barn talk made me think of this barn. I looked for a picture and only one is just the side of it, but we rented this 10 acre property for a year, 1974. There were other outbuilding, but we used this old barn and had pens coming out on the other side for the dogs, but this picture is better than a barn. This man is my dad. The dog with the harness is his seeing eye dog. He would go in that barn, get those dogs, put the muzzles on and the leads and get out of the barn, go down the driveway and then walk those dogs down the dirt road while my blind mother was in the house probably cooking,
Dad, Gypsy, greyhounds.jpg
DB was in school and I was at work. He was 64 years old in this picture. He was an amazing man.

Latest posts