should it stay or should it go???? what is it???

TheNewBee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:idunno any one know what kind of bug this is? No one I know knows and Ive even tried google to find out. Its about 4-6 inches long. We found it on our garden gate and it has been hanging out there ever since. Ive totally messed up and killed some beneficial insects before and do not want to make that mistake again. should it stay or should it go?????
6415_bug2.jpg

6415_bug1.jpg

M.sue

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was thinking a walking stick also!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is a BIG reason I'm glad I don't live some place hot!!!! All the bugs around here get killed off before they can get that big!! To me, it looks a little to fat to be a walking stick. The ones around here are really skinny.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Walking sticks are one of those "just there" bugs. They don't do much either harm or good. They eat a few tree leaves but never enough to harm the tree and never ocur in great numbers.

TheNewBee

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks guys!!! Guess it is just a walking stick but man this thing is HUGE! My 5yo son thinks its the absolute coolest thing hes ever seen, so guess it is our new garden resident but be sure to know I will not be handling it, she can just do as she pleases in there.lol.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most of the year you don't see walking sticks because they are high in the trees and so well camouflaged. In the Fall the females come down to lay eggs. That's why you see them this time of year.

Latest posts