Show me your garden fences

CityChook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am in the process of deciding what kind of fence to surround my vegetable garden with. Last year I didn't have a fence and I think the chickens, deer, squirrels and the dog got more out of my garden than we did. So this year, we are expanding the garden and fencing/gating it in. The garden will be about 8x12, so not terribly big.

If you have a photo of your garden fence and are willing to share, I'd love to see it! Thanks!

nightshade

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love craigslist it is really a project saver some times. Like when your hubby says no we can't afford to do that and you go oh well if I can get the fence ect or free or really cheap then can we do it?

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I only have fence around 1 bed and it's just chain link.

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i just used welded wire fencing.. you know the 2x4 squares.. and I had a bunch of landscaping timbers lying around.. it isnt in the ground super strong.. but it has kept the dog and the chickens out for the most part.. the kids leave the door open.. and then we have a chicken problem.. but I have mostly heavy breed chickens.. so they dont jump up or fly much anyway.. I do have a few tho.. but they only free range when I am out there.. so I shoo them out.. But I only put one foot of that timber into the ground..

I will get a pic when it gets light.

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
100_2006.jpg
My veggie garden has an old weathered picket fence separating it from the main yard. It keeps the dog out, but not the cat.

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I use the hay mulch, the cat doesn't use it as a litter box. She uses it as a bed instead.

Got another pic of the veggie garden fence from the earlier post. It is about 10 years old and could probably use a bit of a face lift.
100_2023.jpg
This side has a Black Monuka grape on it.

100_2027.jpg
You can tell I need to clean up for the new season.

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
GardeNerd said:
When I use the hay mulch, the cat doesn't use it as a litter box. She uses it as a bed instead.

Got another pic of the veggie garden fence from the earlier post. It is about 10 years old and could probably use a bit of a face lift.
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/GardenNerd/100_2023.jpg?t=1239046427This side has a Black Monuka grape on it.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv34/GardenNerd/100_2027.jpg?t=1239046444You can tell I need to clean up for the new season.
That fence looks good, I don't think it needs any cleaning.

Latest posts