Show us your tomatoes

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Embarrassed Tomato Growers unite!
Can I join? I might qualify, although my 'maters are producing, you can barely find them under the tangled mass of plant...:oops:
Today is going to be the first big harvest, I'll get some pruning done then. I hope. :hide
20170901_110353.jpg

Early Girl to the left, Sweet 100 to the right.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector ,

Sweet 100 are usually productive but I don't remember that they were ever like that! You will have lots of Shoshone as well. I can remember those from so many years ago ...

I like medium size tomatoes ... you know, trouble-free and there is a chance that you can cram the entire fruit in your mouth at once! I say trouble-free but as tomatoes move up the size scale, it kinda amounts to that. I have a basket of cat-faced and split large tomatoes right now. I don't feel like showing them to you. Big Beef and Early Girl are okay but those aren't supersize. The larger ones take longer to develop and there are more things that can go wrong. If things can go wrong with my plants, it's likely that they will.

Healthy looking plants, @LocoYokel . Nothing is wrong with lots of healthy foliage.

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_2472.JPG
I picked some tomatoes this morning, sun gold , sweet 100, and gold ball in middle.
Not a fan of the gold ball the meat is kind of thick for me, almost like a paste tomato. LocoYokal I start cutting 1/2 the length off of the leaf branches after they set fruit, don't know if it helps but it cleans them up and no need to grow anymore foliage after fruit set.

Latest posts