Sick, sick, sick of rain!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We got another .42" last night, watered in everything nicely that I transplanted over the weekend, but it surely would be nice to have sun during the day - rain at night :)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd sure love to send part of this rain to those that need it. You don't have to take all of it, just some of it.

Another 6.1" yesterday. More roads and bridges washed out. More flooding. Yet there are people in a drought not tremendously far away. It is a crazy spring.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What you need to do is stop some of this cool Gulf of Alaska air from moving into the Pacific Northwest!

If you didn't have so much of that air coming across the continent, the warm moist air from the Gulf of Mexico could mix more easily and kind of drift off to where it could do some good. Instead, it is running up against a wall!

An added benefit to blocking that cool Pacific air, we could get some warm temperatures around here!

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
I'd sure love to send part of this rain to those that need it. You don't have to take all of it, just some of it.

Another 6.1" yesterday. More roads and bridges washed out. More flooding. Yet there are people in a drought not tremendously far away. It is a crazy spring.
We've had a lot of mudslides and road damage here too. We had one piece of road on the way to my MIL's house that sunk down a foot or so and they patched it, but eventually the whole thing slid down the hill.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Ridgerunner said:

We've had a lot of mudslides and road damage here too. We had one piece of road on the way to my MIL's house that sunk down a foot or so and they patched it, but eventually the whole thing slid down the hill.
i'm happy so far this year we have not had the flooding that we had a few years ago on Mother's Day! we are still trying to recover most of the roads damaged from that. cities and towns in our area still have not completely repaired the roads and opted to just patch and re-patch problem areas that keep getting washed away when we have hard rains or the winter plowing takes out chunks and leaves us with pot holes!

i think it is time we get those tanker trucks moving down to TX and other areas with drought and just give them all this rain water! no charge for it!!!!

PhoenixAngel429

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Smiles said:
We have had about 8 days of no rain in the past two months. Is anyone as tired of it as me? And poor west Texas is still in serious drought. This sure is a crazy spring!
Almost every day in East KY was raining in May and now there is none now.

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I hate paying for water. My ideal is atleast 1 rainy day a week,and then use the water in the garbage cans(under down spouts) to water another few days before the skeeters hatch.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is my newest of 7 rain barrels. I just built this frame yesterday. I plan to put in a raised bed along the back of our tool shed which is about 200 ft. from the garden for some heirloom plants to keep the cross pollination to a minimum. Click on pic to enlarge.

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Smiles said:
Here is my newest of 7 rain barrels. I just built this frame yesterday. I plan to put in a raised bed along the back of our tool shed which is about 200 ft. from the garden for some heirloom plants to keep the cross pollination to a minimum. Click on pic to enlarge.

[url]http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/thumbs/6653_dsc03182.jpg[/url]
Looks good, I have a 40 ft barn that I will be setting up a collection system later in the year for out raised beds, I think I will have maybe 20 or so drums connected..where I live we get plenty of rain water.

Don :watering

Latest posts