Silent night.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Freezing rain here!

I'm glad my trip up & down the backsteps was made just before it began. It shouldn't last long - the freezing. Rain may continue thru the day. That storm in California looks more and more like it will continue north and just a little east.

:hide

Nah. I have little doubt that Oregon's Blue Mountains will catch most of it . . .

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your storm will be here Thursday and Friday. A blizzard is my favorite time to ride my horse. The quiet is so beautiful.
Smiles said:
We're having a ferocious snow storm right now. On my evening walk I was reminded of how much I love to be outdoors when the snow is coming down and the world is soooooo quiet. The dogs were running ahead and tumbling in the snow drifts and even their excited barks were muffled by the snow. Very nice. Now for some hot coffee, a warm blanket, and my old Mother Earth News magazines. Zzzzzzzzzz.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
They said the flu shots did not prepare for this one. They also said that calling it the bubonic flu is a good name for it. Then they went to the next person! Lol! It was a busy place there yesterday!

Dentist wants to remove the bad tooth next month and gave me pennicilin to take because it has an infection under it.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband had the shot and got it. I got it a few days later. January 20th to be exact. How do I remember the date? It was my birthday. My husband and daughter spent several months planning a huge party for me. I thought a half dozen family members were coming. 50 people were coming and it had to be cancelled! I had 4 days of hell and 2 months of coughing. The up side is if it had come a little later my husband's knee replacement would have had to be postponed-that would have taken months. Get better Marshall!
marshallsmyth said:
They said the flu shots did not prepare for this one. They also said that calling it the bubonic flu is a good name for it. Then they went to the next person! Lol! It was a busy place there yesterday!

Dentist wants to remove the bad tooth next month and gave me pennicilin to take because it has an infection under it.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we get a heavy, wet snow, we don't get the peaceful quiet effect. We have the giant power line towers that pass through here nearby. They buzz when they get snow on them.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
My husband had the shot and got it. I got it a few days later. January 20th to be exact. How do I remember the date? It was my birthday. My husband and daughter spent several months planning a huge party for me. I thought a half dozen family members were coming. 50 people were coming and it had to be cancelled! I had 4 days of hell and 2 months of coughing. The up side is if it had come a little later my husband's knee replacement would have had to be postponed-that would have taken months. Get better Marshall!
marshallsmyth said:

Hope you start feeling like yourself soon Marshall, and belated birthday greetings to you Cat!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks-they worked so hard-my daughter wept! My youngest almost flew in from Florida. We will do a life celebration after my husband's 2nd knee is done!
lesa said:
Oh Cat- what bad news! Happy Belated Birthday!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got a flue shot back in early November and in January I started feeling really bad. Many of my symptoms seemed like the flue they had been talking about on TV every night. Like a typical guy I did not go to see a Dr. until I was almost dead (figuratively speaking). After lots of tests and three more trips to see the doc we found out that the problem is with my liver. Go figure. :hu

Latest posts