Silent night.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We're having a ferocious snow storm right now. On my evening walk I was reminded of how much I love to be outdoors when the snow is coming down and the world is soooooo quiet. The dogs were running ahead and tumbling in the snow drifts and even their excited barks were muffled by the snow. Very nice. Now for some hot coffee, a warm blanket, and my old Mother Earth News magazines. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds like a relaxing night Smiles! To think snow is still falling and its March, but March is that month where it can snow one day and be very nice and warm the next. That same snow storm is moving in the Northeast for tomorrow and lasting a few days with some snow to fall here too.
Maybe this will be the final snow event before Spring arrives. Then bring on the warmer weather.....:celebrate

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smiles, Ahhh I remember the days when a walk in the snow did not mean aching feet! Really miss that. So glad you where able to enjoy it. I guess the snow we got overnight and into the a.m. is there now. Enjoy. :hugs

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Much as I don't like snow- I agree, I can't help but appreciate the quiet stillness of it...Enjoy!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Smiles, it sounds like you know how to be content in whatever the season gives you. That's the way to be :)
Dogs are . .

. good at teaching . .

. those kinds of lessons.

Steve
iqgf9u.jpg

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's like you're all alone in the world, isn't it? I particularly like it when it's cold enough that the snow squeaks under your boots. :)

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mickey328 said:
It's like you're all alone in the world, isn't it? I particularly like it when it's cold enough that the snow squeaks under your boots. :)
Oh yeah . . . scrunch, squeak, scrunch, squeak, scrunch, squeak.

And Carol Dee my feet (and legs) do complain once in a while but I don't often listen to them.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Raining big time here, since about when I got back to Ukiah on the shuttle bus from the hospital in San Francisco.

Lake is filling up!

Latest posts