Simple Creative Structures & Add-ons

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD is moving. Unfortunately, it is into a rental. Fortunately, it is out of a distant apartment and much closer to her loving parents :).

She had hoped to buy a house a couple of years ago. Really, really the wrong moment to do that! Thru this Great Recession, I'm trying to keep her hopes alive by sending her little things about new homes. Yeah, I'm a little too optimistic for the kids but I find it more inspiring than existing homes and think that she might also.

I don't think I'll send her this link because it's all a little too simple and rustic, for the most part. I'll set this on about the simplest thing - a little outdoor dining pavilion. Above the photo are arrows that will take you to more photographs. If you have some time, travel around a bit:

http://www.thehousevote.com/?p=3498

The "pavilion" looks a lot like something a distant neighbor built not far from his kitchen door. I was always driving by and would see him out there aaalllll the time. It was just a wooden deck set out in the yard a ways. He built one wall with an open door and framed in windows on both sides. Below the windows were counter tops and his cooking set-up. Then, there was a table and some comfortable outdoor chairs. I suppose the wall cut out some wind but there was no roof - big tree overhead ;).

After about 5 or 10 years, the neighbors there must have moved and the new residents don't seem to be out there ever but the 1 guy sure seemed to enjoy his little deck in the backyard.

Anyway, the images on "thehousevote" (or anywhere) can be used for a google image search. I've just discovered that and have been doing a little of it. If you go to google images, click the little camera in the search box and paste the jpg of an online picture -- google will show you where else it has found that image. And, it will suggest "similar images" :cool:.

I've been looking at "cube houses" for a few hours today & yesterday. Sent the kids a picture of the most, outrageously colorful house . . . don't know if that inspired them or scared 'em :rolleyes:.

Steve

Edited to Add: You should take the time to look at today's example of whimsy, :p: http://www.thehousevote.com/?p=3518

Latest posts