Since NO ONE knows me and can't send a hit man after me.........

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone please explain this to me. After 30+ years of marriage, why:

1) Does each generation turn out MIL that are bossy? The wives that complain about their MIL, then turn into the person they complain about.
2) Men are perfect when dating, then after the "I does", the wife thinks it necessary to change everything about him?
3) Explain why the thought that "If mama ain't happy, then NO ONE will be happy." but yet never hear "If papa ain't happy, then NO ONE will be happy."
4) During an argument, stuff is brought up that happened 30+ years ago from the wife but the husband is talking about something that happened 5 minutes ago or is happening.

Now I will go into police protection plan......:cool:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
CHICKEN.... :lol: seedcorn
1 - I adore my MIL and want to be like her !!!!
2 - I just live with it... I am not perfect either...
3 - It goes BOTH ways here, If Mama or PAPA is not happy..... watch out!
4 - And after 35years of marriage my poor memory is a blessing as I can't remember 2 days ago let alone 30 years ago!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, You have hit on some of the greatest questions of all time! how many hours I have pondered these same questions I couldnt tell you. What I can tell you is I am usually pondering them from the doghouse LOL.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Collector said:
Seedcorn, You have hit on some of the greatest questions of all time! how many hours I have pondered these same questions I couldnt tell you. What I can tell you is I am usually pondering them from the doghouse LOL.
:lol: :yuckyuck

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
4) During an argument, stuff is brought up that happened 30+ years ago from the wife but the husband is talking about something that happened 5 minutes ago or is happening.
And heaven forbid you EVER bring up anything about her that happened 30 years ago, no matter how much more relevant to the subject that what she's trilling about.

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Now, now guys! Be nice, it is Mother's Day weekend. Yea, and those questions can go both ways. I agree with Carol Dee! I have been married more than once and have had good MIL's. My husband and I don't have many disagreements, I am never right according to him but I let it go in and out of the old ears, why bother, not worth it. Show LOVE is my motto, to EVERYONE!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Someone please explain this to me. After 30+ years of marriage, why:

1) Does each generation turn out MIL that are bossy? The wives that complain about their MIL, then turn into the person they complain about.
2) Men are perfect when dating, then after the "I does", the wife thinks it necessary to change everything about him?
3) Explain why the thought that "If mama ain't happy, then NO ONE will be happy." but yet never hear "If papa ain't happy, then NO ONE will be happy."

Now I will go into police protection plan......:cool:
I'll give this one a shot.... :D

1. Because with age comes wisdom and what one used to complain about when one was young becomes the hard truth when one is old and old enough to be a MIL in their own right.

2. Men aren't perfect while dating but they are certainly on their best behavior...until they say "I do" and then they no longer have to act nice to keep the woman. The woman is merely trying to get the man back that she thought she married.

3. Because mama does all the work around the house that keeps the family together...cooking, cleaning, laundry, restocking of the fridge, cupboards, dresser drawers, toilet paper, toothpaste, etc. When she is unhappy, those things will not get done and finally someone starts to notice that their lovely little world~ that is usually so easy to live in because someone hands them everything on a platter~ is askew.

When Dad ain't happy? Well..there's lots of yelling and he finally loses himself in the TV or in his shop and nothing inside the house that creates comfort for the majority is really affected in any way, so no one notices any loss.

4. Because men have a convenient forgettery...once they have done something bad to someone, they can promptly forget it because it no longer hurts them at all. After all, they did it to someone else~their problem, isn't it? Unfortunately, women don't forget that pain so easily. They feel emotions more strongly and deeply than do men and so they carry their hurt a little deeper than the skin level that most men carry theirs. A woman can hurt a man and he'll get mad for awhile, he might remember it now and again, but to bring it back as clearly after time has passed is much more difficult for him because it didn't hurt him as bad at the time...his emotions just don't run that deep, nor do they leave scars that don't heal. Too shallow.

Just when you thought it was safe to get back into the water.... :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We try to put this into action:

"Therefore be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you."

Ephesians 4:32

We've been married 34 years, and we are not always successful at practicing this wisdom, but we still work at it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well seedcorn, I was gonna say that it gets easier with time. But your already going on 30+ years!

I agreed with beekissed in my earlier years but now am more like thistlebloom. After 32+ years, it gets easier. You don't sweat the little stuff anymore and realize that life is short and you need to enjoy it with happiness.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for taking it in the spirit it was asked. Love the responses.

Now go enjoy Mother's Day tomorrow. For those that still have them on this earth, truly love them tomorrow.

FYI, it's not that we don't remember the things against us, it's clearly that we choose not to.

Latest posts