Six Month Old Chickens

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary your coop is so cute and your new hens are very pretty. You will love the sex links. I am on my third round of sex links, they are great layers, calm and friendly birds.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way, no one here wants you to stop posting !!! Keep teasting You know what Bette Midler said if they can't take a joke -uck them !!

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
In every group, there is always someone just waiting to pounce and rip open that can of worms.
Don't let it bother you. Smile, say "oh, there they go again" and keep posting your funny, sweet opinions!
Your new girls are lovely.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary i thought about you when I fed my girls this evening. I have 6 Golden Comet (red sex link) pullets. One has started to lay, they all look so pretty, slick and healthy. Their red color, mottled with a little white is so pretty. And I have 3 old Red Stars (red sex links) and they are showing their age. They are red and mottled with white too, but have lost their bloom of youth. Out of the 3 Red Stars and the 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte and the 1 black sex link that is 5 years old, i have got 1-2 eggs a day. I am soooo looking forward to my 6 pullets to start laying. I will butcher the old Red Stars, cook them and freeze the meat and can the broth for my grand daughter. The 5 year old black sex link and the 3 year old Silver Laced Wyandotte get to stay, as they have become pets and have earned their spot in the coop. So as I looked over my flock, I thought about your cute coop and your pretty red sex link hens. I think you are going to love your new girls.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I know there are different types of sex link chickens but I don't know what type they are. Aren't there golden as well as red sex links? The woman said they were a cross between a Rhode Island red and a white leghorn. Some do look a little like Rhode Islands but some also look golden. So do I have red sex links?

Mary

Latest posts