Sleeping microbes wake up after 100 million years buried under the seafloor

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is very interesting. Do you think this discovery could be of use to the world?
Maybe we get some horror movies out of it? I do not know. Understanding cell longevity is on the journey to the fountain of youth. Deep anesthesia recovery or coma patients might benefit. Not my area but I can imagine a few things.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
there is a lot of things about life that we still don't know. one of many reasons why basic science is usually well worth supporting.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Interesting how these microbes thrived well on nitrogen and carbon. That got me thinking.

I don't understand any on this but my mind perks up on any new subject.

Thanks for your informative post :) @Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Interesting how these microbes thrived well on nitrogen and carbon. That got me thinking.

I don't understand any on this but my mind perks up on any new subject.

Thanks for your informative post :) @Dirtmechanic
Just making up for the bad ones!:p

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Maybe we get some horror movies out of it? I do not know. Understanding cell longevity is on the journey to the fountain of youth. Deep anesthesia recovery or coma patients might benefit. Not my area but I can imagine a few things.
SOMEBODY is gonna suggest the study will enable us to "cold storage" ourselves on trips to other planets.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
SOMEBODY is gonna suggest the study will enable us to "cold storage" ourselves on trips to other planets.
That somebody is more than welcome to attempt it first, because I don't fancy taking a leap into space anytime soon.

Latest posts