Slender as a Thread

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have lost 7# since April Fools Day!

How you doin'?

Steve
who liked this thread title and wanted to see if he could use it for another go-round in 2015 without yo-yoing back to previous years ;)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, i'm trying to get back to going to the gym but in the past 2 weeks between doctor appointments i was able to lose 2.5lbs! i go back for another appointment tomorrow so i'm hoping i lost some more weight since i've been busy all weekend running around different towns and getting things planted in the yard.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sigh! I'm not moving that way (that I know of) but spouse has lost 16 #s since an early spring doctor's appointment. I probably found every pound.

Actually, a spring weight loss is to be expected for both DH and myself once we get outside working. A mix of hard work and being away from the kitchen, I suppose.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm conveniently forgetting to step on the new scale until I have had breakfast (including 2 large glasses of water, a green smoothie and 2 cups of coffee, I know! I'm so well hydrated!) and have my work clothes on. Far too late for an accurate reading, but my pants are looser! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hydration is important!

One of the first things I notice with warmer temperatures and outdoor activity: I need to find ways to quench my thirst and additional motivation to drink more fluids.

It's a little tougher by having moved away from habitual coffee drinking but I'm working on it. At a physical a few months ago, the MD made note of the need, however, I think he put too much emphasis on winter and not enough on the growing season. Probably emphasis on both is needed but dehydration becomes real apparent to me during the nicest and most active days outdoors.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey. One more pound.

Can you believe it? Ten weeks or sumthin', to lose 1#!

I've weighed 5 or 6 times over the weeks. Stuck - neither a pound up or down. Still wearing the smaller pants and evermore floating around inside the larger. I don't know how many notches lost on the belt. Broke and replaced my work belt about a month ago.

Steve :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you, Steve! THEY say, if you take it off slowly you are more likely to keep it off. Fast weight losses don't give the body time to "own" the new body and it wants to get back to where it started. You are doing great.

DH has lost 22 pounds since May. Not that he needed to lose anything. Me? I am lucky I haven't 'found" that 22 myself. Nope, staying level and too busy/worried to try doing more.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got all excited the other day and thought I had lost 17# since getting the new digital scale, but realized I just don't remember how to subtract. :rolleyes:
It's only 14#. But I'll take it! Most of that is winter chub that's getting tougher to shake every year.
I'm always optimistic going into winter that THIS will be the year that I maintain some acceptable level of fitness and stay out of the kitchen at the same time. Spring cleanups are getting more and more brutal when I hang out with my feet up by the fire all winter.
So maybe this will be the year! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel a little like I've been drug through a knot hole and haven't any loss to show for it. But, it's that hot weather I'm blaming everything on this year.

If I spend 6 hours on all those high 90's/100+ days just hanging out indoors ... I'm eating almost continuously ...

Losing 14# during the summer is a big deal, Thistle'! It's all chub ... I mean, 15% body fat still puts men in the fit category. The percentage is even higher for women. Whether we accept those definitions or not, we need to cut ourselves some slack!

I doubt if most of us have a clue as to what it takes to drop 15 or 20 pounds in such a short amount of time.

I've done the eat 3 servings of fruit before anything else at breakfast for a few winters. That really seemed to help. Something occurred to me the other day -- how about 3 servings of veggies before anything else at lunch and dinner?

You see, there is no denial to this. It becomes a matter of capacity ...

Steve