SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have SNOW! Schools are closing, there are huge wrecks with the resulting traffic jams and the news crews are having a great time. Our dogs, Parker and Paris are blasting around the backyard. It's still dark, I'll get pics when it gets light. Texas is frozen all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. Houston is in shut down mode.

Ya'll go ahead and laugh. We so seldom get snow that there is very little equipment to deal with the roads, so everything shuts down. School kids will be making their parents crazy today, throwing snowballs and making a snowman. We are complete utter idiots. The good news is that it will soon melt and be gone. Texas has the best weather, snow?--No problem-it won't last long. We get just enough for it to be really fun, before we can get sick and tired of it, it'll be gone.

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have fun Bay'!

Driving, just remember everything takes much more time: turning, stopping, going. Give all other drivers twice the room as usual, at least. Watch out for each other. Never be in a hurry.

Feel the roadway with your hands and feet and all your . . .
digitS'.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if the air temps aren't below the 20's they can use water trucks that have a brine solution to clear the roads. our neck of the woods has recently started using that method. however that won't be till late winter/early spring when temps get out of the frigid single digits and low teens and the DPW are running low on salt to add to the sand mix.

good luck down there and keep calm! it will all blow over and melt away soon enough for your warm area! :)

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think I might have been that excited for snow back in early December when we saw the first of it. They're calling for another inch or 2 tonight, and now it just makes me sigh and count the months til summer. ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is exciting. We'll probably see photos on TV, too. I hope this doesn't ruin a lot of veggie/fruit crops.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got pictures! (Quick--before it melts!!) :lol:

AAARRRGHHHH!!!!! Stupid green thing on screen--insert url.......still looking gonna go look for instructions......grumble--%^#$%$%$

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
snow house.jpg

This is our house from the street.

Snow red cabbage.jpg

Red cabbage cupped with snow makes a pretty picture!

snow flip flops.jpg

My concession to snow: socks with my flip flops!!

snow lettuce.jpg

Lettuce!

Latest posts