Snow/Spring????

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
after having temps in the 80's last week we had very wet raw conditions over the weekend 8 above over night Monday and windy windy windy yesterday this morning I woke up to snow!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is N.H. kind of famous for extreme temperature and weather fluctuations?

Over here after 36 hours of nonstop rain it finally stopped. Looking from my window, looks like the lke is near 100% full, but I'll go check to see.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right with you, Momofdrew! It really hurts, after those gorgeous days! The sun is out today, but it has been blustery and below freezing at night... The magnolia blossoms turned brown- so sad. Looking better next week- fingers crossed!

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Frustrating, isn't it momofdrew? I live in northeast Michigan right below the 45 parallel and those 80 degree temps played havoc with everything! I wouldn't be surprised to get snow again before real spring takes off but I'd rather not. We've just been lucky that it's been so dry (though not in terms of watering my peas!) that when the night temps are dropping to 21 or so, we haven't gotten any snow. I'm used to snow in April and occasionally May. Hope not this year.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel for you guys. I think that even though on this side of the Divide we're very impatient with spring dragging along, it's probably not as hard as getting a taste of summer and having it snatched away.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
we have had yucky weather all week I think the sun came out yesterday for 10 mins or so but other than that overcast drizzel and cool 40"s it just isnt fair for mother nature to tease us like that

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once again, I'm going to be able to say that I haven't even been able to get started with garden cultivation until April :(!

It isn't quite true, there are 2 beds cultivated in the backyard - but, there's 3 beds out there! I may have to go ahead and put up the plastic tunnel over 2 of those beds so that I can keep the rain off of that 1 long enuf to turn the soil!

Elsewhere, nuthin' . . . Fortunately, the little veggie garden was prepped last fall and it may just be a matter of getting over there and straightening out the paths. Remember that thread where I said I'd post pictures of changes in the gardens thru the season? I haven't even seen that garden this year! It's 4 miles from home. The big veggie garden scares me :/. I really wanted to finish getting the entire thing in beds this year and so, no longer need to use the rototiller there. It's 20 miles away . . . I have stopped by a couple of times just to look at it :rolleyes:.

Maybe clicking this picture will help.

Steve's digits

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've seen that talking dog vid before, and it made me laugh just as hard the second time around! Thanks!

Latest posts