AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
How old are they? I have kids who have been helping in the garden since 9
midtoss.JPG
moreofthat.JPG
DSCN5191.JPG
DSCN5208.JPG
months, and they both love it. At 9 months they can smoosh the dirt around and have a sensory party, and as they get older they can dig holes, plant, and water. Most kids really love watering.

ChiknGordonBlu

Leafing Out
Reaction score
welcome to the funny farm! just kidding! :) welcome to TEG! there that's better. :)

do you have a good water supply there?
Actually my water supply is pretty horrible, so I would have to work on some sort of system for that. I have a decent sizer land but for some reason the property only has 1 water spigot which is odd. That's another reason we are using the raised beds, so we can strategically place them for the mean time.

ChiknGordonBlu

Leafing Out
Reaction score
How old are they? I have kids who have been helping in the garden since 9View attachment 35739View attachment 35740View attachment 35741View attachment 35742 months, and they both love it. At 9 months they can smoosh the dirt around and have a sensory party, and as they get older they can dig holes, plant, and water. Most kids really love watering.
LOL, yeah my oldest took right to it, she has been onboard with this lifestyle since we first started with chickens. My other 2 girls seem to think it's too much of a bother and the little on is a super diva that hates getting dirty lol. Just wait though, I will convert them lol

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm not sure about the saving money part. My husband says I could buy it cheaper and organic at Whole Foods, haha. But you can't put a price on gardening being therapeutic and healthy plus you get delicious homegrown veggies. I did stop trying to grow bell peppers when the start costs me $3.98 and I only got 1 pepper. Peppers are $1 at stores. But I try to cramb as much as possible in my tiny yard.

Once you get your raised beds laid out and planted we want to see picture!

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL, yeah my oldest took right to it, she has been onboard with this lifestyle since we first started with chickens. My other 2 girls seem to think it's too much of a bother and the little on is a super diva that hates getting dirty lol. Just wait though, I will convert them lol

For the diva, I suggest a trendy pair of gardening gloves ;-) It does wonders.

ChiknGordonBlu

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm not sure about the saving money part. My husband says I could buy it cheaper and organic at Whole Foods, haha. But you can't put a price on gardening being therapeutic and healthy plus you get delicious homegrown veggies. I did stop trying to grow bell peppers when the start costs me $3.98 and I only got 1 pepper. Peppers are $1 at stores. But I try to cramb as much as possible in my tiny yard.

Once you get your raised beds laid out and planted we want to see picture!

Mary
Lol, well I hope it will be cheaper in the grand scheme. I will be beneficial if I can get my girls to be able to take away some good lessons from it. Yeah I am still working on the layout due to the water situation, only one spigot for entire yard.

Latest posts