So far Behind 'Times'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't know that there was such a thing as an ultraviolet flashlight until I checked out @ZinHead 's advice (@Varmit 's thread) on using one to search out bugs.

I knew that alcohol is used in plastic for some purpose. Have no idea where I got that information ...

Didn't know until yesterday that there are plastics made to dissolve in water - now common!

Steve 🤷‍♂️

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't know that there was such a thing as an ultraviolet flashlight until I checked out @ZinHead 's advice (@Varmit 's thread) on using one to search out bugs.

I knew that alcohol is used in plastic for some purpose. Have no idea where I got that information ...

Didn't know until yesterday that there are plastics made to dissolve in water - now common!

Steve 🤷‍♂️

i tried the UV light to find tomato worms, but either i had the wrong light (it was one of those germ killing UV lights) or i was too blind to see them.

funny enough a few minutes ago Mom asked me if i'd checked for tomato worms yet and yes, i did the other day before i watered. no signs yet. for our tomato garden this year the easiest way to check will be to look at the dirt for their poops.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score

Steve 🤷‍♂️
I said Hy

Steve 🤷‍♂️
Dudes,
"Use of exotic Hyper-Violet flashlight"
I didn't say ultraviolet.
Hyper-Violet is tuned to the frequency that causes Chlorophyll-A to glow yellow green.
Anything that eat a lot of Chlorophyll-A should glow.
ultraviolet is for finding scorpions & centipedes.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i tried the UV light to find tomato worms, but either i had the wrong light (it was one of those germ killing UV lights) or i was too blind to see them.

funny enough a few minutes ago Mom asked me if i'd checked for tomato worms yet and yes, i did the other day before i watered. no signs yet. for our tomato garden this year the easiest way to check will be to look at the dirt for their poops.
Exotic Hyper-Violet flashlight, not ultraviolet

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score

Steve 🤷‍♂️
Exotic Hyper-Violet flashlight, not ultraviolet

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I said Hy

Dudes,
"Use of exotic Hyper-Violet flashlight"
I didn't say ultraviolet.
Hyper-Violet is tuned to the frequency that causes Chlorophyll-A to glow yellow green.
Anything that eat a lot of Chlorophyll-A should glow.
ultraviolet is for finding scorpions & centipedes.
🤷‍♂️

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
350nm and lower is uv.
UVA (315-400 nm), UVB (280-315 nm), UVC (100-280 nm).
'Hyperviolet' aka 'Actinic Violet' 430nm,
Is at a frequency that Chlorophyll-A absorbes.
Hyperviolet makes Chlorophyll-A glow!
Some people use them as grow lights.
They are very effective as Chlorophyll-A concentration detection tools.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
UVA (315-400 nm), UVB (280-315 nm), UVC (100-280 nm).
'Hyperviolet' aka 'Actinic Violet' 430nm,
Is at a frequency that Chlorophyll-A absorbes.
Hyperviolet makes Chlorophyll-A glow!
Some people use them as grow lights.
They are very effective as Chlorophyll-A concentration detection tools.
Usability friend. Usability. So many come here with one hand full of knowledge and the other hand devoid of practical living. Shall we throw you a rope? Many will volunteer to pull you up into the oxygenation layer. If you cannot describe the phase shift in uv as the angles change for north america I suggest to you that one nanometer measurement is not the same across a round ball with a atmosphere facing a sun at different inclinations across a solar period of revolution.

Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Latest posts