so far so good

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I know it's early yet, but I'm very excited about my little garden so far. I planted some stuff late and some stuff early, but all in all things seem to be doing good. I have learned a lot about what not to do so far, we'll see what the rest of the growing season has in store. I'm glad that I found this forum... I don't post often, but I read a lot and have learned tons froms everyone else's questions. One of these days I will figure out how to post pictures and show y'all what's coming out of the ground at my house.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
blue skys said:
I know it's early yet, but I'm very excited about my little garden so far. I planted some stuff late and some stuff early, but all in all things seem to be doing good. I have learned a lot about what not to do so far, we'll see what the rest of the growing season has in store. I'm glad that I found this forum... I don't post often, but I read a lot and have learned tons froms everyone else's questions. One of these days I will figure out how to post pictures and show y'all what's coming out of the ground at my house.
Thats good to hear!!, you'll learn a lot from your mistakes as you go along.

Good Luck with the Garden!! :watering

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi blue skies, :happy_flower

I'm sure you are doing fine :D We all had to start somewhere...!! :th I made endless mistakes but I also got away with a lot -- gardens are very forgiving :bow :bow :bow Also what works for one person often doesn't work for someone else in a different part of the country. I find in different years some veggies do really well or really badly but I have done exactly the same thing. It's a question of observing all the time. I find it is very useful to keep a little notebook or journal for the garden & note down everything so you have a record to help you through the following years. Note down the frosty nights, when it rained etc. It will also be an interesting thing to pass on to your family. :love

Good luck for all your plantings --There is nothing like eating your own stuff that you grew from a tiny seed :thumbsup

I look forward to seeing your photos :celebrate I too have problems coming to terms with dealing with posting them but I'm going to conquer that !! :frow

:rose Hattie :rose

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mistakes. Wow. I rarely get anything right. For example, I thought that cover potaote plant means cover entire plant. Duh... And now I am trying to figure how to grow the beans up the corn stalk. Instead of growing up the corn stalk they sort of twisted around each other. Mistakes. ;)

Latest posts