So whatcha doin' these days, in the garden?

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
still doing clean up outside,Boy,it's cold out there....Has anyone gotten all their fall chores done yet?

unclejoe

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I covered the beets and carrots then turned the goats loose in the garden. They're cleaning up all the leftover greenery nicely. When they have had their fill, I'll get the tiller out. :D

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Pat&chickens--I had to laugh about your husband and meat chickens, now turkeys. In my marriage, I have finally learned to "float out" new ideas and bring them up every so often. I've been doing that with the subject of bees and honey until now my husband has this great new idea: How about we get some bees for honey? ;)

Sunbury chick: What an adorable shed! Your grandbabies are lucky to have you so close and interested in them!
Me&TG - that is HILARIOUS!! I do EXACTLY the same thing with my DH. That's how we ended up with chickens. I'm tired of waiting for him to do the siding, so I suggested that we find someone else to do it. He really didn't like that idea, but I'm guessing, come spring, he'll come to me with this idea he has about getting some estimates on the siding. :lol:

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
Me&TG - that is HILARIOUS!! I do EXACTLY the same thing with my DH. That's how we ended up with chickens.
I do the first half of the program -- the frequent repetition of the new idea -- but it would be a cold day in heck before DH ever suggested doing anything. I find however that after a certain amount of time, once I have moved on and added a newer thing to bug him about, he tends to agree to the older one (in this case chickens) just because I guess in his mind it's become sort of a fait accompli and frees him to direct his energy to ignoring/opposing whatever the new subject is :p

Pat

poppycat

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Raking leaves, blowing needles off of the driveway so they don't clog our drainage system and cause the garage to flood. Looking at weeds and thinking "you really should pull those someday soon." Composting Halloween pumpkins, and raking a few more leaves.

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm so sorry if I jumped ahead of anyone.My computer manners are terrible.I have no clue as to what I'm doing. My ddil says I yell at everyone ,That I type in bold print.I'm sorry if I've done that.I can't see, so I think everyone else needs big,bold, letters....Please forgive me.I can't post half the time and I know I make a lot of fopas... bear with me,young uns, I really can see,just not so good...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Its ok... my mom does the same thing because she can't read on the computer screen so well either.

I just wanted to say I finally got going on those raised garden beds with my husband this week. We've talked about it for 2 months, and just got to it now.

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've been outside all day,I forgot to cut my Japanese garden back .I thought I was done for the season. The hard part is cutting back the giant reed grass, ,It's really tough.My husband said he'll do it with the chain saw.I'll try and post pics of the garden from last summer, if I can

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
trying pics...[
5523_100_2876.jpg

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rosalind -- Yes, my cats LOVE voles. I don't know why, but they are always rooting them out. :p Barn cats . . . see if there are any animal rescue people in your area. Local vets would probably know. There is a woman in my area that rescues feral cats and re-homes them to people wanting barn cats. Good luck!