So whatcha doin' these days, in the garden?

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sunbury chick -- you have a lovely garden. Wish mine were so under control. How many years did it take to establish your gardens or were they there when you moved in?

unclejoe

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Borrowed a friends backhoe and dug out an old foundation wall I found this past spring with the tiller. I can now add another 30' of garden. Lots of room for potatoes now. :)

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Drakemaiden,
We bought the property with our sil&dd,he's a builder contractor.It's 7 acres with a pond between our homes.The big trees were here,but that was all.We put in the beds,shrubs,gardens.We've only lived here 3 yrs. Before we built our homes(the summer before) I brought tons of perennials & grasses from our old house.I had to water from the pond.I lugged bucket ,after bucket, of water.It was a labor of love.I couldn't wait to move in and have beds planted around the whole property.I went past our old house the other day and you can't even tell I dug up any plants.As a matter of fact,it was over grown and needs to be divided again.A man lives there and doesn't garden....so it sure doesn't look nice anymore....