So when does the light go out

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, I think we have the better weather. We've been buried in snow way back, it's not fun. In saying that I'm still going to seek out one these eye masks, being alert is a must. @digitS'

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wish I knew where you lived.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have been a PITA this summer about this, but honestly, if you DON'T at Least put your state in your avatar, I can't give you any specific advice bc I probably live in a different zone and different climate. If your privacy is that important, then, I guess, you don't.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you , her UK location is in her signature.

Random Ramblings.

We have a very informative and sharing gardener in the bean thread who doesn't ramble into this subforum, at all. He says that he becomes lost.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ducks4you . Hope you forgive my lack of reply, when I work out how to add uk in my avatar I will add it. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but I'm as bad with using the internet as I am at gardening. That's the truth. So grateful for you all bearing with me while I figure this site out
:)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A towel doesn't protect you against Zorgon poetry.
It may not protect you from Vogon poetry, but it DOES guarantee being lent pretty much everything else you might need from fellow space hikers. And provides a handy way of saving yourself from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (put it over your head, the beast will assume that since you can't see it, it can't see you).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you . Hope you forgive my lack of reply, when I work out how to add uk in my avatar I will add it. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but I'm as bad with using the internet as I am at gardening. That's the truth. So grateful for you all bearing with me while I figure this site out
:)

My parents visited the UK in early 1980’s. Coming from Texas, they both were chilled. There was a heat wave in London, temperatures in the 80’s F. They were quite comfortable and laughed at people languishing in the heat.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I imagine that we can all appreciate some things about our locations and not appreciate others.

Wales looks like a beautiful place from the pictures and videos. Public broadcasting had a recent show with the olde guys from All Things Great and Small traveling the length of the country.

The long winter nights would drive me nutz! I'm not sure if it doesn't have something to do with childhood in a less northerly location. Maybe, it's a vision "thing." Well, I know IT'S a vision thing. I look out the winter evening window again and again, at darkness and nothingness. I go outdoors after dinner (or before) and darkness descends around my shoulders like a black shroud. Wail!

Steve