soil blocks for seed starting?

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hubby says that there are very few plants that really don't like their roots disturbed like melon.

I am amazed at how we plant the plants in our open heated seed tray (it's on my blog if interested). We then just rip them apart and trnsplant into cells. THEN we rip them apart AGAIN and transplant them outdoors. The loss is really minimal.

You can plant en masses in any tray and transplant. Smal gardeners get packs of seeds with more starts than they really want. If a little carnage happens it really is of little concern.

I think the plants like the transplanting and attention from us. It also really gets me in sync with the plants. Go cheap. Use what you have and spend your money on other things!
;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
soil block maker said:
Here is my public apology for offending all gardeners. Anyone who gardens is wise. Every gardener is a serious gardener, indeed, as trying to grow life is no small thing. There is enough room for everybody and every style of gardening. I deeply appreciate The Easy Garden for allowing me to introduce the soil block maker. Enough has been written, so I bow graciously out of the topic that has inflamed our dear readers. My only concern is happiness. Peace to you my brothers and sisters tending their precious gardens of hope everywhere.
Apology accepted, but there was no inflammation with this gardener :) . There is indeed room for all of our styles and budgets.