Sold Out !!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the grow-info @thistlebloom !! I will certainly use that to keep the hostas happy!

@canesisters those are gorgeous! It will look like a snow bank in your flower bed!

@Smart Red --35 varieties? :ep I bet they are beautiful! I guess my redneck ignorance is showing, just never heard of them. There's a lot of stuff I know, but a whole lot more stuff I don't know. I am delighted by @Nyboy's offer to send me some hostas, so now I know about hostas! :lol: I don't know if hostas are a regular bedding plant around here and I just never knew it, or if they even survive here.......I guess we'll see!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I found a list of several hostas that have been grown in Texas, one was Sum and Substance, a large impressively leafed hosta and the other was Guacamole
(didn't I tell you they were edible?). These two stuck in my memory because I like them both, but there were several others that I recognized and were common enough up here that they aren't a problem to find.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Hostas where from my grandmother, my father still lives in the house they built. My grandmother had 13 childern she kept feed during the depression. amazing how much food she grew a on tiny city yard. I wonder if they where used for food.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYboy, that's so wonderful that you have something from your grandmas garden. :)

I was walking around the yard today, hand watering some of the flowers and noted how many of them were given to me by my mom from her garden. Those are very special to me.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What's a hosta?

...OK, might have worked if I hadn't already posted in this thread. :D

35 varieties is a huge collection! I've only ever had two at once - both bland varieties in different shades of green. I do have a small vial of hosta seed that I eventually wanted to grow out. Through seed... maybe somebody can get a giant white red-stalked hosta variety?

Latest posts