Some of my flowers

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I decided to get my camera out and take some photos of my flowers. I only took a few pictures, I'll get more later.

DSC_0063_zps1e044923.jpg

Pink strawberry flower. I forget the variety, I'll have to look tomorrow.
DSC_0031_zps4021d419.jpg

Iceland Poppy. Yesterday it was just a little fuzzy flower bud, today I have three beautiful flowers. I want more of these. I would love a peach colored one.
DSC_00442_zps9522ec8a.jpg

Raspberry Swirl Dianthus
DSC_0022_zpsc2b45e53.jpg

Lantana

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks, I agree I really love the dianthus. I had one last year but it didn't come back. I don't know if it was in too much shade or the extra cold winter did it in. I did have other dianthus come back. Those cheap ones sold in cell packs as annuals. In fact, they stayed green all year.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I missed this the other day! Nice flowers Anna! Is that strawberry a Pink Panda? I think they're so cute, and your poppies resemble those huge Matilija poppies.

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The strawberries are 'tristan', this is my first year with them so I don't know how good they are. They are the first to have berries, one is getting big and getting close. I love poppies but never have any luck with seeds, so I bought a started plant. I would love to have a big patch of them.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful blooms, and great photos, Anna!

One of my favorite poppies is Lauren's Grape, it self sows very well! Love the Lantana, thanks for reminding me to add it to my list of annuals to look for. I like to put a couple in the rock garden, they are such a carefree flower.

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those Lauren's Grape Poppies are so pretty. I love purple flowers. And veggies. I have to find some now.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely! I don't think I have ever seen a pink strawberry flower, so sweet!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those Lauren's Grape Poppies are so pretty. I love purple flowers. And veggies. I have to find some now.

I will have to watch for some to come up this year, that section of my garden has sort of been taken over by turtlehead, and the flood. I have not collected seed from them for several years, but I went through my seed stash and I have some from 2008. My chart says longevity for poppy seed is 4-5 years, often it's much longer, and they have been stored cool. I'll send you some if you want to try them.

Latest posts