Some of My Garden Updates (More Pics Pg 2)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Got a bunch of things filling in, and some will be ready to harvest soon too. :D

Fennel
14084_fennel_1.jpg

More Grapes
14084_grapes_2010_2.jpg

Tomatoes
14084_tomatoes_2010_1.jpg

Peas
14084_peas_1.jpg

A Toad I found stalking me while I worked
14084_toad1.jpg

Front Walk Garden
14084_front_gardenwalk_2010_1.jpg

Front Garden where I have lettuce, squash, leeks, tomato, fennel and bok choy so far
14084_front_gardenwalk_2010_2.jpg

As soon as I feel better I will get more shots. :)

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like those beds in the front vfem! Is it my faulty memory (from some of your past photo's) or have you expanded that bed on the right hand side? The edging gives it a nice finished look too. :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks... I'm still in awe over our yard. It used to be nothing but 2 small beds full of rock when we moved in and nothing else.

Yes Bid, that right side bed is newly expanded this year. We also added in side beds on the house as well.

Trying to take one small step at a time. I think the front of the house is the biggest change, especially since we didn't finish the siding on the whole place until January of this year and we started it in April of last year! :lol:

My, how time doesn't fly. ;)

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm jealous, it looks great :drool Ohio is cold and wet today. I'm just trying fennel for the first time, is it very cold hardy? Any tips?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This my first time with Fennel too... I have it planted in 2 places, and so far the spot with all sun all the time is doing better then the spot with sun from 1 pm until. Weird... I thought it would like the cooler spot. :/

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Don't you, just, love it when things start "takin off"? When the rows start doing more than just "marking".

Things are starting to "pop" around my garden, too. Harvested some collards, lettuce, strawberries and sweet peas, today (sweet peas never made it into the house). The taters are starting to bloom and the broccoli looks like it's on steroids (1st time planting it). Onions are bulbing up real good and the carrots and beets (1st time) are really looking better than I expected. It's just that magical time of year, I guess.

Every thing looks REAL nice in you garden, v.

I, just may, have to try fennel, next.

Latest posts