Somehow, It's Funny that Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231119_183707_Chrome.jpg
I was Oh So tempted to put this in the sock stuffer thread :).

Steve.jpg Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The phrase "ten years after" has been occurring to me, lately. Yes, late to realize that Alvin Lee of the band is no longer with us. Dating myself, would go back much further, after all, it was not all that long ago that I started to write "19..." on a check rather than 20-something for the year. (Writing a check? Yes, probably a near unknown to many in younger generations ;).)

I'm not up to speed and it has been nearly 10 years that the news may have reached some of you about a species taking the land-speed record. I recently discovered the story and the "know your insect" post in Garden Humor" made me think of it again.

They are no Secretariats or cheetahs, or even insects. (They are arachnids.)...

digitS', not quite up to the speed of sound (767mph) just yet ~ boom! ~

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
you don't have to worry about writing checks at some places these days as you just hand them a blank one and they have a receipt printer that will scan it and fill it out for you.

@digitS' you've never seen _The Tick?_ :) wow, i just looked it up, there's a lot of ticks now, the one i only knew about was the animated one from last century. :) i have a little plastic Tick here which makes me smile when i see him (he hangs out with my Doozer and Devil Duckie).

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' you've never seen _The Tick?_ :) wow, i just looked it up, there's a lot of ticks now, the one i only knew about was the animated one from last century. :) i have a little plastic Tick here which makes me smile when i see him (he hangs out with my Doozer and Devil Duckie).
SPOOON!

Double funny story. A while back, I saw Fire Mountain (a company that specializes in online jewelry supplies.) was offering some glass beads they described as "ducks". I took one look and realized that they were, in fact, kappas (a Japanese mythological creature sort of like a cross between a monkey and a turtle). Once they went on deep discount, I wound up buying out the whole supply (there were only about fifty or so left by that point, it looks like they never got that many in.)

Some time later, while checking them over (something I had not done since I got them and had to remove the little bubble wrap sleeves from each bead. I noticed there was some variation in appearance. Most had a wild yellow streak for the mouth, as would befit a bill (depending on the artist, a kappa's face can resemble that of a monkey, a turtle or a duck.) A few however, only had a small yellow dot in that space, and I noticed how much those in fact LOOKED like a Doozer (well, a Doozer without the helmet, boots, gloves or other construction clothing.)

And, as for weird figures, I'M the one with a complete set of H.P. Lovecraft monster plushies on my desk along with Bunchie and Ziggy (two teddy bears).

Latest posts