Someone is having a birthday! (Pulsegleaner)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you suppose that PulseGleaner is another day olde and another year shmart?!

I Hope You have a Happy Year, PulseGleaner!

:frow

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you all. Your well wishes are quite welcome

Truth to be told it's been a pretty rough week. In fact the reason I haven't been around to talk recently is that I spent most of the last week in the hospital. I got a really bad infection on my back which was aggravated by an undiagnosed but severe case of diabetes (it's probably type II, so the doctors think it will get a lot less severe as my health gets better and I get fitter). I'm out now (though still recovering, it'll probably be a few weeks before the wound totally heals) . So I'm taking it easy for the moment.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ouch!

Good that you can do something about it and you're looking at a different horizon to begin your year.

It may be all about a healthy lifestyle, for the little bit I know about it ...

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you all. Your well wishes are quite welcome

Truth to be told it's been a pretty rough week. In fact the reason I haven't been around to talk recently is that I spent most of the last week in the hospital. I got a really bad infection on my back which was aggravated by an undiagnosed but severe case of diabetes (it's probably type II, so the doctors think it will get a lot less severe as my health gets better and I get fitter). I'm out now (though still recovering, it'll probably be a few weeks before the wound totally heals) . So I'm taking it easy for the moment.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. But now that there is a diagnosis things can get better. So I will add a wish for a HEALTHY year too.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, I'm adapting pretty well.

One of the big reliefs is that over the last few years, my body has apparently grown out of some of the things that would have moved this situation from troublesome to probably fatal. One of the big reason for that long gap in my medical history is that, when I was a kid I had a condition that, for lack of a better term, I'll call "needle paralysis". Basically it meant that while I was being given an injection, all of my muscles would tense up and freeze, including my diaphragm so for all intents and purposes I was unable to breathe. For getting a basic injection this was no big deal since an injection only lasts a few minutes and one can hold one's breath for that long with ease. But knowledge of the problem left me terrified of what would happen the day I needed an IV or had to give myself an injection since I assumed that either would basically result in me suffocating. But I have had many IV drips put in over the last week (I was in such bad shape they needed 3 for a while, to cover all of the things they needed to put in me) and survived, and giving myself injections safely proves quite easy (and a lot less painful than I expected).
So far it's mostly just minor ajustments. I'm eating a bit more senisibly, so I'm a but hungrier than I usually am, but that will pass. I'm having to re-formulate my daily tea mixtures, since a lot of them don't taste very good sans sweetener (I am aware there are sugar alternatives, like stevia, but I have decided that it is best to try to wean myself off of sweetened drinks, lest I fall into temptation later.)
And thank you for the offer NY Boy, but a big part of getting myself healthier is getting more exercise, and I am planning that doing the garden will be a big part of that. Plus, maybe with a little more labor, my garden's yield will be less pathetic.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's the attitude!

We become creatures of habit. Servants, nearly!

Freedom, choices ... looks like it is a wonderful way to start the New Year. Now do some healing ;).

Steve

Latest posts