Someone is having a birthday! (Pulsegleaner)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
More like slaves. I have a lot of freedom, but even I know that it is possible to become a "slave of freedom"

Oh yes, NYboy. There's a reason why the Japanese term for night terrors (which includes that feeling when your brain wakes up but your body doesn't and you feel like you are suffocating) literally translates as "Bound in Iron"

On the brighter side, I managed to win some books for my collection while I was sick including one I have been looking for for ages.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Happy Birthday Pulsegleaner! I'm glad you have a diagnosis now you know what to do. I agree with you to try to cut out the sugar. Maybe you can try jasmine pearl tea or regular jasmine tea. It doesn't need sugar and you might like it. Now is the time to start eating a little more healthier. Start with taking baby steps, these will add up in the long run. Wishing you the best and a healthier year. Your gardening will give you some great exercise and you get to be outside which is also important.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear of all this, but it sounds like it could be a really good outcome. If you are healthier, you will be happier and thus even healthier. We can celebrate that you actually are alive to have another birthday!

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, I LOATHE the taste of Jasmine (unlike the taste of roses or violets, which I am quite fond of) so that's a no go. But you are sort of on the right track. At the moment I'm mostly drinking mint tea (which tastes more or less the same whether it's sweetened or not). Probably tomorrow I'll run out and get some holy basil teabags (another one that's ok taken neat) But since I HAVE just had my birthday, and my parents gave me a VERY generous check, I am thinking of putting a little of that money towards getting myself some REALLY high end single origin oolong. I found a company a month or so ago that says they still have some units of Song Dynasty Royal Tree (a VERY rare and floral oolong) so I may splurge on that (with as a bonus maybe a taste of the fine but funnily named oolong Thief's Poop.)

Actually the diet thing isn't much of a problem. I actually always have eaten the right sort of thing, I just tend to eat too much of them.

And I am looking forward to getting fitter. Even if I didn't have the sugar thing, I would be nice to be able to walk around NYC longer and not have to worry about my hamstrings seizing up (I probably should mention I'm somewhere around 300lbs now, so there is PLENTY of weight to lose.)

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!! I've wondered why you've been so quiet, we'll catch up soon. Just take care of yourself in all this bad weather. Can't wait to hear about your gardening plans.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are either belated happy birthday wishes or very, very early happy birthday wishes for your next birthday. Depends upon how you want to look at them. Either way, I hope your birthdays are filled with good times and pleasant memories.

Hopefully, I'll be warm and on time for next years event.

Latest posts