Something is eating my beans!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I JUST bought some organic outdoor pest soap spray tonight for aphids I'm having an issue with (plus the unknown pest I think are slugs eating my newly sprouted peas). I'll let you know how this works. It CLAIMS not to bother certain insects such as honey bees... we will see!

I'll fill ya in, in a few days.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I went home last night and inspected my beans. I didn't find a one bug! There are five that are totally gone and I didn't find any damage on any of the others - no eggs on the leaves either. Very strange. :/ The rest of the garden looks great and I found no bug problems anywhere else. :clap Maybe it was just that one lone bug that didn't invite friends over. :lol:

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've used Sevin spray before with good results. You really have to be careful with it though. It is Illegal to spray it on beans that are blooming , but ok to use before they bloom. I also try to spray when it is dry because it is toxic to earthworms. I wait about 2 or 3 days after I spray with it then water very heavily to dilute any residual leftovers so they don't get my worms. As with any garden product , chemical or organic , follow the label instructions to the letter and you should be ok.

Latest posts