Something is eating my long leaf tong ho!!!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think it is the earwigs. I just started finding them in the front area while cleaning. Does DE work on those nasty things? I can let the ducks over there to forage...but they will do even more damage to the plants! :p

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would try the DE.... fear the ducks!! LOL

Mine has eaten more of my plants then bugs lately. I've lost 25+ strawberry plants from the ducks, and lost a bunch of snap dragons and bell flowers in the last week. Go with the DE (I've also been using an insecticidal soap spray).

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I took a plant outside to get it hardened. It was a geranium. I was cleaning that day and I was going to put it on my wheeled plant rack after I cleared a few things off. I got busy and forgot. The geranium I had kept alive ALL FREAKING WINTER was chewed completely down. Oopsss!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah... sounds like a familiar story. You can probably even find the original post here somewhere.

I had a hibiscus I started from seed last August from a seed I got from a 2+ hour drive to the Zoo. I got it going really good and really strong. Then I repotted it and moved to a south facing window around Christmas. Next thing I know, my cat eats ALL the leaves off of it. Months later it finally gets its leaves back... I move it outside to harden it off.

By day 3 or 4.... the chickens ganged up with the ducks and ate all the leaves off of it!!!!!!!!!

Its outside now, just barely getting its leaves back... and it is not ready for transplant after all. :/

Latest posts