Something to do with all that jam

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So I looked up in the cupboard and saw all this jam I had made last year. I don't know what I was thinking! We really don't eat it so much of it.

So I've been getting creative: dehydrated jelly treats, meat baked with jelly, and homemade yogurt with jelly mixed in is fine. I posted another recipe on my blog if anyone's interested

http://heronsnestfarm.blogspot.com/2013/01/tasty-winter-treat.html

Any other ideas?

Oh, I've given as much as I can!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My husband likes vanilla ice cream, which I find to be a waste of calories, but you can mix in jellies to the plain vanilla ice cream or use it as a topping to make it edible.

Oh I also like to mix it w/ cottage cheese for a slightly sweet high protien treat.

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've been known to heat mine, add a little water to thin and put it on waffles, french toast...you get the idea!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It makes a yummy glaze for meats or vegetables, or on stir-fry

Favorite jelly or jam, 3-4 heaping tablespoons
Enough water to liquify it
Fresh ginger, about the size of your thumbnail, chopped fine
Crushed red pepper, little or a lot, to taste

Heat in small saucepan until blended, simmer for 10-15 minutes to meld the flavors. May have to add a little more water. It gives some zing to a recipe you have grown tired of.

Quickie fruit turn overs
Can of biscuits
Roll each biscuit flat, put jelly in the middle, fold over and mash the edges together.
Bake as for directions on the can of biscuits.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We use it on waffles, pancakes, etc (as described above) on vanilla ice cream to have sundaes, or to make milkshakes with, and in yogurt. LOTS of good uses for it.

Latest posts