Something's Going On Down The Road!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know what is happening but there have been more than a dozen emergency vehicles streaming past our house in the last 15 minutes or so. Usually for the biggest house fires and/or wrecks, only 4 or 5 can handle it. It's Friday night, no telling what it is. Ugh! :hide

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We found out on the late news that it was a one-fatality wreck. No other info, so far. I had been anxious about the little country school district that is about 15 miles out that road. Basketball tournaments and such, this time of year. It's weird to be thankful that it's "only" a car crash fatality, but I am.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We found out on the late news that it was a one-fatality wreck. No other info, so far. I had been anxious about the little country school district that is about 15 miles out that road. Basketball tournaments and such, this time of year. It's weird to be thankful that it's "only" a car crash fatality, but I am.

Back in the 1970s we lived outside of town close to a highway and I was outside and heard a loud noise, horrible sound. It was a 2 car head on wreck and a lot of traffic on a Saturday night because they had a street dance over in the next town. Then the neighbor came out when all the sirens and stuff came and he told me they had to use the jaws of life on one car to get this man out of the backseat who was alive but his wife was cut in half in the seat with him. I did not know her well but she was in my senior class. I was in my early 20s when the wreck happened. I don't even remember what happened to the other car because the shock of the girl.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
sad when it happens.

this time of the year, especially at night, so many people have deer collisions or are trying to avoid deer that they run into something else. slow down and take it easy out there peoples...

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
deer are crazy out here in SC right now, but partly due to the massive logging operations going on these days.